Seasonal Garden Support
Employment Type: Seasonal Full-Time
Compensation: $8.00 per hour
Juniper Level Botanic Gardens is seeking a Seasonal Garden Staff member to help care for a remarkably interesting world-class garden right here in Raleigh, NC.
JLBG's aim is to be the most unique botanic garden in the world. In the quest for new plants, JLBG has initiated over 80 botanical expeditions both domestic and international, since 1994. JLBG also works closely with the top plant explorers and breeders around the world to grow and evaluate the best in new ornamental plants. The garden currently has over 22,000 taxa - an incredible array of plant diversity.
- Seasonal staff members may work between 32-40 hours a week.
- No experience is necessary.
- Those with a passion for plants are encouraged to apply.
- Internships are available to qualifying applicants.
- There are no benefits for this position.
- Some classes and workshops that are given here on the weekends are available to employees at no charge.
Learn how to:
- Perform horticultural maintenance in the display gardens, including weeding, raking, watering, fertilizing and mulching.
- Identify plants.
- Assist with installing new plant cultivars in the display gardens.
- Collect plant material for propagation.
- Assist with grounds maintenance, including creating new planting beds and repairing existing ones.
- Repair irrigation.
Email with a brief introduction and an attached resume.
Plant Delights Nursery, Inc. at Juniper Level Botanic Garden has open positions for seasonal employees to work in our Shipping Department in a high energy, fast paced, team environment. We are a family owned company with a mission to support research, education and the exploration of plants through the sales of unique perennial plants.
Seasonal positions are short-term positions that last anywhere from four to nine months. Occasional week-end work is required.
Compensation: Entry Level
• Enjoy physical and often dirty work in all types of weather
• Enjoy working with an energetic, flexible, and outgoing team
• Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, bend, kneel and often carry heavy items
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Work various hours of 25 - 40 hours per week based on the business needs
- Flexibility to work some weekends, as needed, is a plus
- Plant knowledge is helpful, but not required
- Ability to pay acute attention to detail
- Punctual and have a great work ethic
- Stocking, pulling, and packing plant orders
- Care and upkeep of containerized perennial plants
- Retail sales and customer service
- Must be open to assist other departments should the need arise.
- Occasional weekend work required may include assisting with; Tours, Open Houses or Education Center classes.
Standard Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Send resume with work history to .